5 Top Lake flies for Trout fishing – early season.
- Water Boatman
- Woolly Bugger
3 Top Lake rods for Trout fishing – early season.
Pretty much depends on the wize/weight of trout you will find in the lake.
- 7 weight rods for deep water chironomids.
- 5 or 6 weight with leeches, scuds or Boatmen in shallower water.
- 3 or 4 weight for trout up to about 14 inches or 1 pound.
3 Top Lake lines for Trout fishing – early season.
- Sink-tip – slow with leech, scuds, boatman.
- Full sink – for deep water chironomids.
- Floating – for shallow water. Use a bead head or lightly weighted fly.
- Intermediate sink – for water up to about 15 feet with leech, boatman, scud or chironomid.
Use a stiffer rod for sinking lines and medium flex rod for floating or maybe slow sink-tip lines. Very flexible rods maybe nice in a shop but they are harder to cast and they are tougher on any fish you plan on releasing.